Here are the 5 Tough HR Interview Questions Worth Preparing For for your next HR Interview. Clearing the HR interview requires dexterity in handling technical and non-technical questions with the same finesse. it is widely believed that 90 % of the new hires fail due to behavioural skills, and the companies are putting a lot of emphasis on finding the right cultural fit, here are five HR interview questions that can throw you off the guard and reduce your chances of securing the job.
Have you ever failed in an assignment, done a poor job? Tell me about it
We don?t like talking about failures, more so during a job interview when a stranger is evaluating your candidature. However, your ability to discuss failure in a mature way goes a long way in showcasing your truthfulness and ability to learn from your mistakes. This question is one of the ways the interviewer wants to see if you can take calculated risks and learn from your mistakes. You should speak about a failure that doesn’t reveal any serious mistakes or unprofessional behaviour that could potentially raise red flags about your job fitment. It best to pick a project or initiative that failed due to multiple factors and not just because of you. The best answers are the ones, which subtly showcase some of your strengths like grit, patience, persistence or tenacity.
Why do you believe that you would be good at this job?
This question is a bit confrontational, and the interviewer may be trying to test your patience. The best way to handle this question is by staying calm and confidently explains why you think you have what it takes to succeed if hired for the job. This question is a great opportunity for you to reiterate the key reasons as to why you’re an excellent candidate.
Oh you know there are many candidates for this job, why should we hire you?
One thing for sure, the interviewer isn’t demonstrating warmth or friendliness. The best way to answer this question is rephrase your key strengths or experience. The interviewer will be watching out for your confidence level while you are answering this question. They are trying to evaluate your ability to handle tough questions and situations, especially those with high stakes.
You May Also Like To Read:?HR Interview Questions That You Must Be Ready For
How is our industry evolving, what are the key trends?
Through this question, the interviewer is trying to test your knowledge of the industry and your wider ability to understand the macro trends. In case you are moving industries; it’s recommended that you study the latest updates; key trends and know the significant challenges the industry faces. It’s best to use google to research this question and lastly remember that the interviewer is evaluating your keenness in the job by asking this question.
Have you ever been criticised? How did you handle it?
The ability to take feedback positively is one of the biggest predictors of job success, through this question the interviewer wants to understand how you handle criticism and feedback. From your experience identify a situation in which your colleagues or manager gave you constructive feedback, and it helped you become better at the job. It?s best to stay away from highly negative feedback, or the one that highlights your weakness glaringly. The interviewer is looking for the ability to handle criticism constructively and your willingness to learn from it
Looking for more HR interview questions and answers
- HR Interview questions and answers on Business Acumen
- HR Interview questions and answers to asses Functional/Technical Skills
- HR Interview question and answers on Technical Learning
- HR Interview question and answers on Decision Quality
- HR Interview questions and answers on Intellectual Horsepower
- HR Interview questions and answers on Learning on the fly/ quick learner
- HR interview questions and answers on Problem Solving.
- HR interview questions & answers on Dealing with Ambiguity
- HR interview questions & answers on Creativity
- HR interview questions & answers on Innovation Management
- HR questions and answers on Perspective
- HR interview questions and Answers on Strategic Agility
- HR Interview questions and answers on Timely Decision Making
- HR interview questions and answers on Priority Setting
- HR interview questions and answers on Organizing
- HR Interview questions and answers on Planning
- HR interview questions and answers on Time Management
- HR Interview questions and answers on Delegation
- HR interview questions on Developing Direct Reports
- HR interview questions and answers on Directing Others
- HR Interview questions and answers on Informing